Mission Statement Motto
Welcoming and aware: an example of Godís compassion in the
The mission of Davis Memorial Presbyterian Church is to provide
a welcoming environment for all of Godís people to know God, to be
aware of Godís purpose for us, and to be an example of Godís
compassion in the world.
Davis Memorial Presbyterian Church provides opportunities and
facilities to grow in faith within the community and along each
individualís Christian journey. We have awareness, a method of
communicating, and a way of responding to the needs and concerns of
our church community. We provide a welcoming Christian environment
for the surrounding community and especially for young people, in
traditional and non-traditional ways. We are part of a faith
community partnership, which provides opportunities for service and
meets the needs of the diverse social and economic community, both
local and worldwide. We provide a Christian atmosphere to encourage
a greater diversity of Godís people in worship, service, and
knowledge of God.
By intentional discernment and prayer, we will implement the
1. Deepen our congregationís understanding of
Christian discernment and how to practice it together.
2. By July 2008, to assess and prioritize
Davis Memorial Presbyterian Churchís role in outreach to the
community and inreach to the congregation.
3. To accomplish by August, 2008, a church
wide clean up of the fellowship hall and surrounding rooms.
4. To make Christian education accessible and
appealing to everyone:
- By September 2008, achieve the goal of 60% participation.
- By September 2008, have all children and youth in the congregation
involved in some
type of Christian education.
- By summer 2009, have a Vacation Bible School open to the entire
5. By December of 2008, with our youth, find
ways to give support to the young people in the surrounding
6. By January, 2009, explore ways to keep the
congregation fully informed at all times about church activities and
social opportunities and other ways to minister to each other and
the surrounding community.
7. To explore ways to expand and/or renovate
the facilities in order to more effectively accommodate, by March
2009, the different social, educational and community activities.
8. By August, 2009, establish open worship
services at times other than Sunday morning.